PHP Classes

Blog post approval process and timelines

Recommend this page to a friend!

Top level forums  >  Site  >  Features  >  Blog post approval process and timelines  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Blog post approval process and timelines
Summary:Looking to learn more about the process and timelines
Author:John Conde
Date:2020-06-09 15:31:33
Update:2020-06-10 00:18:28

1. Blog post approval process and timelines   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of John Conde John Conde - 2020-06-09 18:58:42
I wrote a couple of blog posts, one for each of the classes I have submitted. The first was submitted over two weeks ago and is still waiting for approval.

My questions are: Are blog posts still a thing? If so, how long does it typically take to be approved (or rejected)?

2. Re: Blog post approval process and timelines   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2020-06-09 20:39:53 - In reply to message 1 from John Conde
Hello John,

Thank you for your interest to share your packages and articles.

Blog posts are very important, probably even more than packages, as they can always be used to teach developers about matters they want to learn.

As a matter of fact this month is the 21th anniversary of the PHP Classes site and we want to launch two nice initiatives.

1. Marketplace to help developers to advertise and sell their own products to other developers. This was announced here:

phpclasses.org/blog/post/939-The-PH ...

2. The PHP Programming Master award that is a new initiative to distinguish developers that help others learning from their packages code and blog tutorials. This is partially implemented and you can see part of the pages going here.

phpclasses.org/award/master/

So, rest assured that we will review and post your articles soon. I have already looked at them. They look fine and will be featured in the main site blog so you can get more visibility.

We always improve their titles and descriptions a bit so we can improve their chances of reaching the first page on Google for keywords relevant to PHP developers looking for work like yours.

This takes a lot of time but it is worth the wait as we can get you more interested users to your blog and packages. You will be able to notice that on the user access statistics.

We expect have the posts approve until the end of next week at most, unless something unexpected happens.

So we would like to encourage you and every other developer to keep posting great packages and blog articles, especially those that teach about your own package benefits.

3. Re: Blog post approval process and timelines   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of John Conde John Conde - 2020-06-10 00:18:28 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Manual,

Thank you for your response. I'm glad that blog posts are considered so important. I share your view that they are very useful for demonstrating the usefulness of a class/library and make it a point to always include one when I publish a new library.

I didn't realize that blog posts were considered so important here but the PHP Master Award clearly shows how important they are. I'll be sure that any blog posts I write are of the highest quality and maybe one of them will win me an award!

No hurry on reviewing the blog posts I have written so far. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time writing them and you have convinced me that I have not. I'll be sure to continue writing one with each package I submit to PHP Classes.