PHP Classes

No Captcha Image

Recommend this page to a friend!

Simple CAPTCHA  >  All threads  >  No Captcha Image  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:No Captcha Image
Summary:Unable to get test sample to work
Author:Josh
Date:2006-05-31 18:10:57
Update:2008-05-14 09:08:34

1. No Captcha Image   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Josh Josh - 2006-05-31 18:10:57
From the United Sstates, Running the file on XP home version.

Uploaded all files to my server from the download. Created an initialization file called 'captcha.php'. In it, replaced font with Arial.ttf.

Captcha Image does not load on page (the alt text shows).

All uploaded files are on the root of my host server. Used 'testCaptcha.php' included with the download for testing but changed the address path in the code so it points to 'captcha.php'. No other changes

The class file uploaded with the rest.

Can you help?

2. Re: No Captcha Image   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rod Riggenbach Rod Riggenbach - 2007-04-26 16:30:03 - In reply to message 1 from Josh
Josh,
I just had the same problem with the Captcha image not displaying. Did you ever get a solution?
Rod

3. Re: No Captcha Image   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of ovide ovide - 2007-12-14 06:02:27 - In reply to message 2 from Rod Riggenbach
I can tell you what the problem could be.. The class uses a built in php function which requires two libraries which may or may not be compiled into php. imagettftext -> This function requires both the GD library and the FreeType library.

I am guessing FreeType is the problem..

I rewrote the portion of the code using the generic imagestring function and it works fine. I am still playing with the code but if you want it let me know.

4. Re: No Captcha Image   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Koda Delaforet Koda Delaforet - 2008-05-14 09:08:35 - In reply to message 3 from ovide
Hi I have the same problem, where can I find the FreeType library and who can I install it ?

Thanks for your responses !!

Stéphane