PHP Classes

Errors and empty backup files

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Multi MySQLDump  >  All threads  >  Errors and empty backup files  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Errors and empty backup files
Summary:Class do not work
Author:Thomas Pohl
Date:2017-02-23 01:19:45

1. Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Thomas Pohl Thomas Pohl - 2017-02-23 01:19:45
Package installed - check
dbConnSettings.php edit - check
(their is still this 3306 <-> 3307 problem)

Test and yes! - shows my tables and "Dump successfully accomplished!!!"

but if i try to download zip or tgz -> downloaddumb.php needs Class.LogDeltaTime.php

OK - download - install - add my time zone (PHP7)
again
Test and yes! - shows my tables and "Dump successfully accomplished!!!"

But all backup files are empty 0byte...

no error message...

whats my mistake? need your help

2. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alessandro Quintiliani Alessandro Quintiliani - 2017-02-23 08:41:55 - In reply to message 1 from Thomas Pohl
Good morning Thomas

which server are you dumping the tables from? Do you have permission to execute the mysqldump command?

Try to open a prompt MsDOS on Windows, or a terminal on Linux and write one of the two the following commands

# the following command refers to a table having InnoDB as type engine

mysqldump -h hostnameOrIPaddressOfDBServer --single-transaction [-P portNumberIfDifferentFrom3306] -u loginToDB -pPasswordToDB dbname tableName > pathToSqlFile

# the following command refers to a table having MyISAM as type engine

mysqldump -h hostnameOrIPaddressOfDBServer --lock-tables=TRUE [-P portNumberIfDifferentFrom3306] -u loginToDB -pPasswordToDB dbname tableName > pathToSqlFile

then press ENTER and post me the output message, if any.

Regards

Alessandro Quintiliani

3. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Thomas Pohl Thomas Pohl - 2017-02-23 10:53:14 - In reply to message 2 from Alessandro Quintiliani
Alessandro, thanks for your help!

It is a shared hosting server - i do not have a console fur this sql server.

Tables are mixed MyIsam/InnoDB.
version 5.5.54-0+deb7u2-log
version_comment (Debian)
version_compile_machine x86_64
version_compile_os debian-linux-gnu

Tools like "Adminer" are working normally.

MultiMySQLDump - reads all tables, create logs and creates empty files for each database table.
(means are able to read db and write to file)

PHP Version 7.0.15
System Linux info 3.0 #1337 SMP Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 CEST 2000 all GNU/Linux
Build Date Jan 25 2017 08:23:43
Configure Command './configure' '--build=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man' '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var' '--disable-silent-rules' '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--disable-maintainer-mode' '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--program-suffix=7.0' '--libdir=/usr/lib/php7.0' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/lib/php7.0' '--with-pear=/usr/lib/php7.0' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--with-zlib' '--enable-debug=no' '--enable-safe-mode=no' '--enable-discard-path=no' '--with-gd' '--with-png-dir' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-db' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-ttf' '--enable-ftp' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--enable-shmop' '--with-openssl' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--with-imap' '--with-curl' '--with-iconv' '--with-freetype-dir' '--with-bz2' '--with-gettext' '--enable-exif' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-kerberos' '--with-sqlite' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-libxml-dir' '--with-xsl' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-jpeg-dir' '--with-tidy' '--enable-soap' '--enable-xslt' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--enable-zip' '--enable-intl' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-mysql=mysqlnd' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu'

mysqli
MysqlI Support enabled
Client API library version mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev
mysqlnd enabled
Version mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev
Compression supported
core SSL supported
extended SSL supported
Command buffer size 4096
Read buffer size 32768
Read timeout 31536000
Collecting statistics Yes
Collecting memory statistics No
Tracing n/a
Loaded plugins mysqlnd,debug_trace,auth_plugin_mysql_native_password,auth_plugin_mysql_clear_password,auth_plugin_sha256_password
API Extensions pdo_mysql,mysqli

PDO support enabled
PDO drivers sqlite, mysql
PDO Driver for MySQL enabled
Client API version mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev
pdo_mysql.default_socket /tmp/mysql.sock

4. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alessandro Quintiliani Alessandro Quintiliani - 2017-02-23 13:23:31 - In reply to message 3 from Thomas Pohl
Hello Thomas

to help you on how exactly the mysql dump error arises from, you should do the following steps:

1) create a php file named i.e. test.php and place inside the web directory where you put the package Multi MySQLDump

2) copy the following php instructions inside test.php

@unlink("errormysqldump.txt");

unset($output);
$output = array();

# uncomment the following exec if the table has a InnoDB type engine
# exec("mysqldump --single-transaction -h hostnameOrIPaddressOfDBServer [-P portNumberIfDifferentFrom3306] --log-error=errormysqldump.txt -u loginToDB -pPasswordToDB dbname tableName > pathToSqlFile", $output);

# uncomment the following exec if the table has a MyISAM type engine
# exec("mysqldump --lock-tables=TRUE -h hostnameOrIPaddressOfDBServer [-P portNumberIfDifferentFrom3306] --log-error=errormysqldump.txt -u loginToDB -pPasswordToDB dbname tableName > pathToSqlFile", $output);

echo file_get_contents("errormysqldump.txt");
unlink("errormysqldump.txt");

3) uncomment only one exec function in the code, according to the type engine of the table you chose to dump as a test

4) replace all the parameters of the uncommented exec with your data (except errormysqldump.txt), then save test.php

The above code writes the output generated from the mysqldump command to a file named errormysqldump.txt and its content is displayed on the web.

Launch test.php and see what is displayed on the browser.

Regards

Alessandro Quintiliani

5. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Thomas Pohl Thomas Pohl - 2017-02-23 14:43:22 - In reply to message 4 from Alessandro Quintiliani
Alessandro,

this test script works perfect and without any error.

Thomas

6. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alessandro Quintiliani Alessandro Quintiliani - 2017-02-23 15:38:50 - In reply to message 5 from Thomas Pohl
Hello Thomas

Can you retry prependind at mysqldump command of the uncommented exec function inside test.php the absolute path to the directory containing the mysqldump executable file and run test.php again?

If you get a full sql file, this means that the path to mysql home directory is not properly configured in the mysql environment variable.

If you still get empty sql file, it is probably due to a server inhibition on some commands as to be unsafe. If your shared host is managed by some network vendor (i.e. Aruba) they have access policies set to inhibit any dumping command.

Let me know, thanks.

Regards

Alessandro Quintiliani

7. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Thomas Pohl Thomas Pohl - 2017-02-23 18:03:14 - In reply to message 6 from Alessandro Quintiliani
like this one?
......XX chat > dumpsql/chat.sql", $output);
this works and generate valid sql

shared host is from 1and1 - but "adminer" can dump and test.php can dump - i do not think that 1and1 blocked sql-dump

8. Re: Errors and empty backup files   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alessandro Quintiliani Alessandro Quintiliani - 2017-02-23 18:33:08 - In reply to message 7 from Thomas Pohl
Hello Thomas

I'm sorry, but 1and1, as well as many other web hosting services, do not allow export of database by command line due to security policies; they only allow you to deal with your database using their own web interfaces.

Maybe you can contact them and ask if they could allow you to use the command mysqldump under some specific restriction, but I'm quite skeptical about a positive response.

Anyway, I'm at your disposal for any problem concerning my packages.

Regards

Alessandro Quintiliani